Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And is it ok to keep them in ph of 7.6? Or should i use a ph buffer?
7.6 should be fine as long as they are tank raised and not wild types. Good apistos that come to mind would be smaller ones like borelli. But most species will work. Most commonly available would be agassizii and cacatuoides these would be okay to. They are pretty sensitive so a solid water change schedule should be upheld. As for the cities go with dwarf Pygmy cories because if their small size.

7.6 should be fine as long as they are tank raised and not wild types. Good apistos that come to mind would be smaller ones like borelli. But most species will work. Most commonly available would be agassizii and cacatuoides these would be okay to. They are pretty sensitive so a solid water change schedule should be upheld. As for the cities go with dwarf Pygmy cories because if their small size.

Ok thanks! I will use a buffer just incase, i think that i will try a pair panduros. Anyone know a good place to get them online?

Wetspot is expensive. If their stock wasnt so expensive I wouldn't mind the shipping but they are too expensive for me. Anyway had to post my new addition :) still a youngin but TCC and me agreed on cacatuoides

Attachments

• image-3773341332.jpg
    image-3773341332.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 44
How many Apisto's can I keep in a breeding tub that is 2'x2'14"? I would like to breed them. I have two breeding tubs available for the cichlids. I would *prefer* to keep the apisto's in breeding harems, but not a total requirement. I really like rams, panduros, cacatuoides, and borelli.

How many Apisto's can I keep in a breeding tub that is 2'x2'14"? I would like to breed them. I have two breeding tubs available for the cichlids. I would *prefer* to keep the apisto's in breeding harems, but not a total requirement. I really like rams, panduros, cacatuoides, and borelli.

I'd say three males and a few females for each of them. Borelli stay the smallest but apistogramma cacatuoides probably do best with in a harem. If you go rams they need pairs. You could go three pairs in there though with enough decor and rock set ups

I'd say three males and a few females for each of them. Borelli stay the smallest but apistogramma cacatuoides probably do best with in a harem. If you go rams they need pairs. You could go three pairs in there though with enough decor and rock set ups

Wow seriously? Sweet. Didn't think I could have nearly that many. Coolio :) Which of the ones I listed are the hardiest/easiest to spawn? I'll probably go with the apistogramma's though, the LFS won't take Rams as they always seem to die on them.

They are cave spawners, so make sure to have a few spots for them to choose from. Also it should be big enough for one fish to fit at a time. They lay them on top if the cave which is cool to see

Flowerpots will work, coconuts work as well, I just slate, two pieces on the side, small ones in the back and a flat piece on top.

image-3391543364.jpg

Here's a female apistogramma cacatuoides protecting eggs in her cave

image-2468859864.jpg

Same girl another spawn

Coconuts are an interesting idea. I'll probably go with slate or flowerpots though :)
Where is a good place to get some quality juvie apistos? I have to order online too unfortunately, the LFS never really carries any apistos.

Coconuts are an interesting idea. I'll probably go with slate or flowerpots though :)
Where is a good place to get some quality juvie apistos? I have to order online too unfortunately, the LFS never really carries any apistos.

Good pieces of driftwood that are hollow and cavelike would work also. Plant coverage helps too

Back
Top Bottom