Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, i thought that too. Seems the seller on aquabid had them mislabeled. Glad I went with them instead of the orange flash then since I wanted triple red all along.

I caught these two spawning already, only 3 days in my tank. Is that normal to spawn so quickly?

Yeah, i thought that too. Seems the seller on aquabid had them mislabeled. Glad I went with them instead of the orange flash then since I wanted triple red all along. I caught these two spawning already, only 3 days in my tank. Is that normal to spawn so quickly?
I've had males flashing and shaking in the bag with females

Male GBR almost dead :( gonna tear down the 20g and then clean everything, get new sand and prepare for a 2nd try. I was thinking for a center piece apistogramma panduro or agassizii? Stocking plans are- 9 harlequin rasboras,5 juli corys, 3 oto cats, and a pair of which ever will work.

Male GBR almost dead :( gonna tear down the 20g and then clean everything, get new sand and prepare for a 2nd try. I was thinking for a center piece apistogramma panduro or agassizii? Stocking plans are- 9 harlequin rasboras,5 juli corys, 3 oto cats, and a pair of which ever will work.

Either species would work in that tank

Ok, ive heard that they like oak leaves on the substrate as it mimics their enviroment, how do you prepare these for the tank?

They aren't needed. I don't use any leaves in my tanks. Last time I checked oak didn't grow in the amazon lol. This is only done to help lower ph. In the wild the leaf litter would be several feet deep which is pretty much impossible to really replicate. What's your tap ph?

They aren't needed. I don't use any leaves in my tanks. Last time I checked oak didn't grow in the amazon lol. This is only done to help lower ph. In the wild the leaf litter would be several feet deep which is pretty much impossible to really replicate. What's your tap ph?

Tap Ph is 7.8, is that ok?

Back
Top Bottom