Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please can someone say if they think I have too much rock? The rock touches the bak of the tank but it makes a big cave with nothing in it. The photo is in my album :)

No such thing as too much as long as its usable space. I always make lots of ways in and out of my rock piles.

Okay so what you want to do is have a tank set up I use a 5.5 with a sponge filter. I put sand on the bottom of mine but its not necessary. So basic setup is tank, heater, sponge filter. Once eggs are laid as long as they are on a rock or something your gonna place them in a cup or tuberware to keep them underwater the whole time while you move them to the "hatching" tank. Once in the tank I like to position them near the filter to get maximum flow over the eggs. Next you want to dose the tank with kordons methylene blue, this will prevent egg molding. And now you wait till you have babies.

Okay so what you want to do is have a tank set up I use a 5.5 with a sponge filter. I put sand on the bottom of mine but its not necessary. So basic setup is tank, heater, sponge filter. Once eggs are laid as long as they are on a rock or something your gonna place them in a cup or tuberware to keep them underwater the whole time while you move them to the "hatching" tank. Once in the tank I like to position them near the filter to get maximum flow over the eggs. Next you want to dose the tank with kordons methylene blue, this will prevent egg molding. And now you wait till you have babies.

Nice to the point info Thank you.
Mike

My new gold pair and one of my new female blues.

Attachments

• image-4071884555.jpg
    image-4071884555.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2058684793.jpg
    image-2058684793.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 80
  • image-3027954893.jpg
    image-3027954893.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 69
  • image-3337214641.jpg
    image-3337214641.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3413171631.jpg
    image-3413171631.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 69
Finally got a half decent pic of my trifasciata male! He and my other female stay in hiding constantly, but I think that's because another female claimed her territory in the front in all the dwarf sag and dhg. Couldn't get a picture of her this morning without it being blurry, but she's starting to get some yellow on her so hopefully we'll have a spawn sometime soon.

Oh and in the picture with him under the DW, that's a baby convict, not a female. I get them confused quite often at first glance because they are the same size and have the same base color, but the stripes run different

Attachments

• image-3397938244.jpg
    image-3397938244.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image-4144347704.jpg
    image-4144347704.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 83
Last night I went and picked up two pairs of apistos. Baenschi and panduro. Also picked up l129 all wild! Will get pictures when they are settled in. They are pretty small and aren't showing a whole lot of color. The baenschi are defiantly the least colorful, from what I'm told they will eventually color up.

Give them time. They should be fine! My rummy noses were ghost white when I added them. They already look better after one day.

Oh yea I know. I'm talking they are like aulonocara and can take some time to show color. The panduro male was showing for the female in the bag lol. But after a hour and half ride home and a quick water change and acclimation they weren't so colorful. Then it was lights of for today

Last night I went and picked up two pairs of apistos. Baenschi and panduro. Also picked up l129 all wild! Will get pictures when they are settled in. They are pretty small and aren't showing a whole lot of color. The baenschi are defiantly the least colorful, from what I'm told they will eventually color up.

I'm really jealous! I might order panduros once I get back off holiday! What setup and tank mates are they with?

Right now they are all in a 10 with bloodfins. I'm moving in two weeks. So until then tank put ups have been on hold I just couldn't pass then up.

Right now they are all in a 10 with bloodfins. I'm moving in two weeks. So until then tank put ups have been on hold I just couldn't pass then up.

So will they be getting another tank? If they ever spawn make sure. To keep us updated! Are they a bonded pair?

So will they be getting another tank? If they ever spawn make sure. To keep us updated! Are they a bonded pair?

Yea if got empty take all over. I'm getting some thirtys and I've got 10s and 5.5s. I've got 135 with a stand waiting for when ever as well. They just came in on the 25th so I don't think anyone has had a chance to pair up. But like I said the panduro was flashing in the bag

Back
Top Bottom