Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the blues like my caves lol

Attachments

• image-811106524.jpg
    image-811106524.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 84
The electrics are more timid than the other colors for some reason. Ime the Germans are most aggressive then golds and electrics last

Yeah I've noticed that as well, the golds are quite peaceful and the blues are def much more docile. My Germans and Bolivians like to intimidate but that's as far as it goes

Last night i flipped my LEDs so the new apistos can get used to the brighter light. I had them off for the first day, then flipped them towards the top of fixture so only a little light reflected into the tank, and now it is back to normal. This means i should finally be able to get pictures of the new guys.

Apsitogramma baenschi and apistogramma panduro

The ones with stripes are baenschi and the the yellow with black dot is female panduro and the the blueish tiny is the male. It's very hard to sex the baenschi without netting them

He's looking very nice. Love his long red spines. Your tank is something to be proud of (y)

Awesome fish and tank! What size?

Thank you both I've worked hard on it and its still not 100% to my liking thouh. I feed him NLS small fish formula once a day and the occasional bloodwoorm and/or brine shrimp cubes. It is a 20g I'm thinking of moving the marble radican queen sword its not doing what I was hoping so I dunno if I should put it in the corner or in a different tank and. Move the crypt back so I can spread out some of my stems it still needs a little tweaking.

Pictures are up and in my profile!

Nice lookin apistos.

My dwarf gourami runs mine but my male apisto don't take his sh!%

I had a bunch of goiramis with my rams and the rams whipped them in shape real quick lol. Your apisto sounds like my African "bully" he doesn't get overly aggressive just like his spot gives the occasional chase.... Until... Some one challenges him then I fear I will has a face torn off dragon blood made that mistake during water change today. Lets just say he was put in his place. DON'T mess with mbuna hybrid lol

The aggression between my 2 females is getting out of control. Constant chasing. I even noticed some nipping this morning. There are ample caves on both sides of the tank plus plants in the back. Driftwood plus a driftwood cave in the center.

Really unsure what to do. Think adding another female or 2 may help? I got this trio out of the same community tank at the lfs. There were at least 20 dwarfs in there including multiple males.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

I don't think adding more females will do much bit spread the aggression to the new ones. I would suggest moving the victim and just keep a pair

I don't think you need to mix it up since they are all being introduced. I'd be concerned about males competing for females. What tank are they going in?

The 3 males will be staying in the 30g. I can get another 6 females to keep in there with them if need be. Then 1m 2f in the 10g but that won't be until september

Back
Top Bottom