Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes it is, thats what happens when you get a bunch of males lol

Yep! I am usually the one who picks out the fish I want because of m/f ratios. This guy seemed to be knowledgable on dc so I let them pick the fish one time and this happens :D oh well. I don't mind getting more because these ones were fairly cheap

Pretty good thanks. My only problem is my plants, so frustrating. I can see why you gave that up lol. But I'm trying to not quit, I just haven't found the right balance yet.

That's good to hear. A few of mine have taken a hit since my ich, other than that things are going good. I had the same problem it's was plants would do good, then algae everywhere. Algae gone plants doing bad. Then plants just bad so I pulled them lol

That's good to hear. A few of mine have taken a hit since my ich, other than that things are going good. I had the same problem it's was plants would do good, then algae everywhere. Algae gone plants doing bad. Then plants just bad so I pulled them lol

Dang sorry about the Ich, what's your course if action to treat? I know people aren't a fan of meds on here but RId Ich + worked great for me, and this was when I had my first rams in the tank.

I had a bunch of goiramis with my rams and the rams whipped them in shape real quick lol. Your apisto sounds like my African "bully" he doesn't get overly aggressive just like his spot gives the occasional chase.... Until... Some one challenges him then I fear I will has a face torn off dragon blood made that mistake during water change today. Lets just say he was put in his place. DON'T mess with mbuna hybrid lol
Actually the apisto totally minds his own business its the gourami that comes and circles him all flared and waving his feelers at him and that's when bam the apisto goes at him all open mouthed once or twice and the gourami goes oh sh!% I better leave thems one alone for now lol.

Well I took over 2 females from a friend put them in yesterday evening. Also went to the lfs and bought 10 blue tail peru tetras. Aggresion has gone down drastically. Ill post pics later. These dwarfs are quite amazing most definitely my favorite fish even top my last brackish tank of puffers and columbians. Wish I would have gotten into them sooner.

Cheers

Well I took over 2 females from a friend put them in yesterday evening. Also went to the lfs and bought 10 blue tail peru tetras. Aggresion has gone down drastically. Ill post pics later. These dwarfs are quite amazing most definitely my favorite fish even top my last brackish tank of puffers and columbians. Wish I would have gotten into them sooner.

Cheers
Good to hear! Dwarf cichlids are my favorite as well and I've had a lot of fish

Wow tank looks awesome! The rams look great too and no aggression always good to see. I am gonna get some videos of my dwarfs today not the rams until after I move since their tank is gonna be torn down first

Wow tank looks awesome! The rams look great too and no aggression always good to see. I am gonna get some videos of my dwarfs today not the rams until after I move since their tank is gonna be torn down first

Yeah I really want to see some breeding action but it's just not happening lol I mean my female german is lit up like a Christmas tree but I haven't noticed any eggs :(

The rams are just so beautiful I love them

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom