Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a huge apisto. I just moved my rams to the breeding tank so I'll add pics when they settle in

Here are my rams. I really hope I can get them to breed

Attachments

• image-4037896352.jpg
    image-4037896352.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 59
  • image-2956290348.jpg
    image-2956290348.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 55
Instead of apistos could i get 1 golden female and a electric male in the 10g? Would they get along? Or should i get a pair of golds instead of mixing it up like that? Also what would happen if they breed? Would the fry be electric blue, golden, or german blue?nor would they be electric blue and gold mixed?

Instead of apistos could i get 1 golden female and a electric male in the 10g? Would they get along? Or should i get a pair of golds instead of mixing it up like that? Also what would happen if they breed? Would the fry be electric blue, golden, or german blue?nor would they be electric blue and gold mixed?

Well they're all mikrogeographus remerizi... Just different color morphs. So keeping different colors is fine. If they breed I don't remember what happens. I remember reading an article about it. A quick google search will give you your answer:)

How do they create gold and elecric blues then? If once morphs breed they have normal fry?

Very carefully.

On a serious note, if you take 2 electric blues you get electric blue fry. If you take 2 golds you get gold fry. If you take 1 electric and 1 gold you get normal:).

Which do you guys like more? Gold or electric blue? Also at the lfs golds are only 4.99$ and the electric blues are 25$ are those normal prices? And after they breed should i get a 5g for a fry grow out tank or will the fry be ok in a mesh breeding box?

Which do you guys like more? Gold or electric blue? Also at the lfs golds are only 4.99$ and the electric blues are 25$ are those normal costs? And after they breed should i get a 5g for a fry grow out tank or will the fry be ok in a mesh breeding box?

The parents should raise the fry. And If your going to remove them, id get 2 40g breeders for the frys.

Back
Top Bottom