Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Given there is enough plants and small caves it could work. I don't think a German blue ram can eat a full grown shrimp

Yeah wouldn't waste my money. And a ram would hunt down live food for sure, don't make the mistake I know from experience. I added shrimp a while back and at night with the tank pitch black. The next morning they were gone.

Yeah, an adult GBR could (and almost certainly would) eat adult RCS.

Adult Amano shrimp would work.

Finally got mine! Few pictures to share, sorry for the quality, good camera is MIA.

Been a long wait, but they are definitely worth it!

Thanks - they are showing good red, but the blues are pretty prominant as well. In fact in person, the blues are much brighter than the reds - must be the camera. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with them. The black phantom tetras are as large and GBRs at this point.

Thanks - they are showing good red, but the blues are pretty prominant as well. In fact in person, the blues are much brighter than the reds - must be the camera. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with them. The black phantom tetras are as large and GBRs at this point.

I know what you mean with the blue

Whohoo. My female is finally in brood dress. And my panduro looks like she's scouting out my plastic amazon sword.

Last edited:
Got some baby Apisto cacatuoides triple red's at an auction on Sunday, can't be more than a month old just barely hitting 3/8" right now Been keeping them in a grow out with some guppy fry and RCS, and have been feeding them crushed flakes and decapsulated brine shrimp, should I be doing anything else? This isn't my first round with apistos, just Apisto fry

Oh, and I also got some better pictures of my Apisto Trifasciata trio (male is pictured twice)
Oh, and I can't remember who it was that was interested in the tris but if you still are, I'm ready to sell

Attachments

• image-472524823.jpg
    image-472524823.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 74
  • image-759104192.jpg
    image-759104192.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1043498873.jpg
    image-1043498873.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4244007726.jpg
    image-4244007726.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1008823484.jpg
    image-1008823484.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 93
Got some baby Apisto cacatuoides triple red's at an auction on Sunday, can't be more than a month old just barely hitting 3/8" right now Been keeping them in a grow out with some guppy fry and RCS, and have been feeding them crushed flakes and decapsulated brine shrimp, should I be doing anything else? This isn't my first round with apistos, just Apisto fry Oh, and I also got some better pictures of my Apisto Trifasciata trio (male is pictured twice) Oh, and I can't remember who it was that was interested in the tris but if you still are, I'm ready to sell
Looking good, flakes and brine shrimp are good. I'd throw some blood or black worms in the mix too. I was the one interested in the tris. I sent you a pm.

I wouldn't know I've never keep them together. I would say maybe.. Depends on the apistogramma cacatuoides but those fins might be to tempting to nip at....

Back
Top Bottom