Dwarf Flag Cichlid (Laetacara Curviceps) Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm gonna order six of these fish and let two of them pair up. I'm doing research simultaneously, so these are pretty random questions. These questions should be answered by Laetacara Curviceps owners, but if you would like to give some advice, you are welcome to do so.

1. Has anyone ever bred these fish in water of 7.8 - 8.0 pH? That's what my water is, and I didn't know if it was necessary to breed them in more acidic water.

2. What's the best type of flat rock to use for their spawning site, and how do I clean it to make it safe for aquarium use?

3. What are good tankmates? I currently have 5 Neon Tetras, 2 Red Wag Platies, 1 Sunset Platy, 1 Mickey Mouse Platy, and 3 Longfin Zebra danios. Are they compatible with Gold Gouramis? Any suggestions for tankmates readily accepted.

4. What's the best diet? I'm about to get frozen bloodworms, and I have the Tetramin and Colormin flakes as well.

Also share your experiences, comments, questions, and criticisms about this fish!

P.S. The tank I am going to keep them in is a recently cycled 55 gallon aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom