Dwarf German Electric Blue and Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skywalker28

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have seen a few discussions on the forums regarding mixing dwarf Electric Blue Rams and Dwarf Cockatoos (Apistogramma cacatuoides), but I did not see a direct answer of yes or no.

I am thinking about setting up a planted 100L tank with a pair of Dwarf Cockatoo. I already have a pair of Dwarf Electric Blues in an established planted 54L tank with 9 X-ray Tetras, 2 mystery snails and two dwarf Plecos. I am wondering if it would be worth it to add the pair of Dwarf German Electric Blue into the 100L or go with 1 male and 3 female dwarf cockatoo? I was also thinking about moving one of the Plecos over to the 100L out of the 54L as well and getting some Cory Cats for cleanup duty.

Thanks in advance!

Bit small for all those fish man. No such thing as dwarf plecos. Bristle nose hit 6". My leapord frog pleco has remained pretty small but who knows how he was grown out??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bit small for all those fish man. No such thing as dwarf plecos. Bristle nose hit 6". My leapord frog pleco has remained pretty small but who knows how he was grown out??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Sorry for the confusing names, must be bristle nose then since they are 6" and have not grown in a year. I am stationed in Germany and the names are different here, did not know the scientific name.

Which tank is to small, my current established 54L or planned 100L setup?

I have seen a few discussions on the forums regarding mixing dwarf Electric Blue Rams and Dwarf Cockatoos (Apistogramma cacatuoides), but I did not see a direct answer of yes or no.

I am thinking about setting up a planted 100L tank with a pair of Dwarf Cockatoo. I already have a pair of Dwarf Electric Blues in an established planted 54L tank with 9 X-ray Tetras, 2 mystery snails and two dwarf Plecos. I am wondering if it would be worth it to add the pair of Dwarf German Electric Blue into the 100L or go with 1 male and 3 female dwarf cockatoo? I was also thinking about moving one of the Plecos over to the 100L out of the 54L as well and getting some Cory Cats for cleanup duty.

Thanks in advance!
1490246947257.jpg The 54L is my first tank. Here is a picture of the Pleco for reference.

Sorry for the confusing names, must be bristle nose then since they are 6" and have not grown in a year. I am stationed in Germany and the names are different here, did not know the scientific name.

Which tank is to small, my current established 54L or planned 100L setup?
To clarify above what I have and what I am proposing:

Current established 54L tank:
- 1 pair Dwarf German Electric Blue Rams
- 9 X-ray Tetras
- 2 bristle nose plecos
- 2 mystery snails

Proposed ~100L tank (Not yet purchased):
- 1 pair Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlids
- propose moving one bristle nose Pleco over from 54L tank
- propose moving the 1 Pair of Dwarf German Electric Blue Rams over from 54Liter tank
- 2 mystery snails
- 1 or 2 small Cory Cats

I would put either coconut shells or flower pots with holes for hiding / territory for each cichlid (x4), driftwood and some stones. I also have enough plants I would take from the 54L tank.

Need assistance if the 100L would be maxed out population wise with the 2 pair or if there would be aggression in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom