Dwarfs and Africans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cilantro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would you be able to put any dwarf chiclids with mbuna im not sure it would be in 55gal with 6 2-3 inch africans

You shouldn't mix cichlids from different continents and they prefer different water parameters.

You shouldn't mix cichlids from different continents and they prefer different water parameters.

How do you know he's referring to other lakes dwarfs? Until all the facts of what fish he's describing advice can't be given. Plus these aren't wild caught fish, they all live in same water in your tank. I breed both Malawi and SA/CA and they're housed in the same tap water.

Last edited:
I remember him starting a thread about bolivians just figured thats what he was talking about.

No its not bolivians i have my 20 gal that has a pair already but i was just wondering if you could what dwarfs would be best. Oh and is there any dwarf from lake malawi if i spelt that right?:confused:

HUKIT said:
There are lots of dwarf mbuna you could choose, my two favorites are Afra Cobue and Saulosi.

I think I like the saulosi better how big do they get and whats a good site to buy them from?

Just go with the shellies even though they breed often just give the fry away or try to sell them but always listne to hukit he is very knowledgable

Yea just curious bout those because i wasn't sure if these guys were includes in the 99.5% of cichlids. Well now i know

Back
Top Bottom