EBJD Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niki

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if anyone had a link to pictures of EBJD color/age chart?

If I confused you, I am basically looking for somewhere to see the different color stages as they grow.

Or if you have some of your own pictures it would be great if you could post pics of your different stages. :D

:-(

So no one has any before and after pictures or pictures of their growth stages?

I posted a pic of him when I first got him, he's wasn't very colorful at all but within a month he had gotten really blue.

Right now he is 3" or so....

Please post your pictures.... :)

Attachments

• image-2105949250.jpg
    image-2105949250.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image-1564402546.jpg
    image-1564402546.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 120
Here are some updated pics

Sorry about the glare in the first two pics...he is always changing color due to his mood...the majority of the time he is light blue/green but when he mean business he's dark blue and black....him and my convicts don't get along very well either....I might have to rehome them as his tail fin is always torn....as soon as it looks almost healed they get him again.....

Attachments

• image-715094382.jpg
    image-715094382.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image-125485213.jpg
    image-125485213.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3098816647.jpg
    image-3098816647.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 108
what is his size now? What have you been feeding him? How long total have you had him? How often you do water changes? How big of tank?

Zapero said:
what is his size now? What have you been feeding him? How long total have you had him? How often you do water changes? How big of tank?

He is about 4 inches....his main diet is nutrafin Max Cichlid pellets....made of spirulina.

He nibbles on algae wafers, as treats once or twice a month he gets blood worms or krill....this summer he will get various bugs and worms in his diet.

I have had him since December 2011, do not that long....seems longer lol

He is in a 75g tank with other cichlids, and I change water every week or every week and half....usually only 20G of water is changed each time....some times I do two 20G water changes two days in a row if I feel the need.
How are yours doing? Any pics?

He has great color. I still have my two guys. They are about 3.5" or so.

Ha I just ordered another 4 EBJD's that are abuot 2.5" long. I will finally have an all EBJD tank! Im excited.

They arrive tomorrow!

I love how blue yours is now.

It's normal for most SA cichlids to not gain much of their color until they reach around 4" give or take a little. Just keep it on as good of a diet as you can and maintain the take properly

Thank you!

He almost looks like he has a little dent where the beak would be...I'm hoping it stays that way lol...

I think he eats well...is there anything you would suggest?

As a normal food you can go with Sera GVG Mix if you can find it around. Also, you can feed frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms 3 times a week if your budget allows.

Niki,

You picture makes him look adult lol.

I donno if it helps but I currently feed mine Bloodworms, mysis shrimp, glass worms, beef heart and brine shrimp.

I am changing that up though with these new ones im getting.

I am thinking about doing Bloodworms/mysis shrimp/beef heart 1 time a week. I just bought some spirulina super soft pellets which i will start them on. And 3 days ago they finally starting taking hikari cichlid pellets. Throw some spirulina flakes in there and I think i have a well rounded diet. ha.

Thanks guys I may try to find the GVC or the NLS that was suggested....I'm a little nervous still about bloodworms(even though I do about once a month) and other food that are not pellets bc I have read they can become I'll with parasites easily. When he is 5-6 inches I will be adding more variety to his diet.....I really like the two suggestions thus far.

As for the pics I guess he does kind of look like an adult, sorry I didn't mean for hem to be deceiving :) he still looks small to me(my fully grown jewel is still the biggest in the tank)

I am really liking the way he is coming into his colors.....

Ps I'm still waiting for pics....hint hint

Niki,

All my foods besides pellets and flakes are frozen. I believe that kills all the bad stuff from the food...

My first two destroy the food that I put into the tank, and now they are starting to be less shy and coming out. Its almost like they know me now and that im not going to hurt them.

I will post a picture tomorrow for you with my other 4 that i am getting. I just hope they all live happy and healthy.

Niki,

My first two destroy the food that I put into the tank, and now they are starting to be less shy and coming out. Its almost like they know me now and that im not going to hurt them.

That's why I love my severum. Every time I make a movement in my room she'll come up to the glass and wiggle around like a dog wagging its tail. She doesn't do that for anyone but me and she'll even eat out of my hand once in a while

Back
Top Bottom