eel with african cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes join the eel club!! Haha convict the eel.... LOVE IT!!!!!

Haha and i would get 1 to see how the chiclids like him before getting another

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Yes join the eel club!! Haha convict the eel.... LOVE IT!!!!!

Haha and i would get 1 to see how the chiclids like him before getting another

Ok will do... 1 it is. Convict the eel lol!!

Haha we will have to exchange pics! I just hope when you put that little guy in hes not food to the ciclids! I have never owned any personally :( but you tank has tons of hiding places right? Im sure he will be ok!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha we will have to exchange pics! I just hope when you put that little guy in hes not food to the ciclids! I have never owned any personally :( but you tank has tons of hiding places right? Im sure he will be ok!

Yeah, you've seen my tank no? My profile has a ton of pics. One thing though. My Africans are nasty. They killed everything I've introduced so far. There crazy!!

EDIT:

The only thing they let live so far is this "shark" my friend gave me. It's all black with a bright red tail. Been in the tank since the start.

Last edited:
Ya your tank is sick! Ya i guess just turn off the lights and feed your convicts before putting te eel in? Maybe distract the fish somehow long enough for convict the eel to swim into a hiding spot?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Ya your tank is sick! Ya i guess just turn off the lights and feed your convicts before putting te eel in? Maybe distract the fish somehow long enough for convict the eel to swim into a hiding spot?

Oh... I changed it up. I have all africans. 75 gallon African tank. Tons of hiding places.

Oh and remember to have a very tight lid and seal up all openings! They like to jump!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Oh and remember to have a very tight lid and seal up all openings! They like to jump!!

Wonderful!! I'm gonna leave that part put for the wife lol.

I had one jump during a pwc luckily I seen him squirming on the floor and throw him back into the tank he is fine now :)

Jesse18 said:
I had one jump during a pwc luckily I seen him squirming on the floor and throw him back into the tank he is fine now :)

Oh boy!!! She will FREAK!! There goes the topless idea lol.

Hahaha ya i had one a long time ago and it jumped out in te middle of the night. I woke up the next morning and it looked like a french fry!!!!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hahaha ya i had one a long time ago and it jumped out in te middle of the night. I woke up the next morning and it looked like a french fry!!!!

Hahahaha that's so bad!!!

Haha ya i know i was really sad! He only had about 2-3 inches of a gap to jump out of and he did it! :(

Nu-Nu the eel said:

LOL!!!! Terrible!!! A French fry!!

Back
Top Bottom