Electric blue jack dempsey.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imtcurveball

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of buying a electric blue jack Dempsey. I've read that they grow smaller than normal dempseys and only reach 5-6 inches. Would this be good in a 40 gallon

I think its depends on your stock. Are you gonna have 2 or 6. Makes a difference. Also filtration, I could be wrong in still a noob. Some of the pro's will answer it better. Hope it helped

I think its depends on your stock. Are you gonna have 2 or 6. Makes a difference. Also filtration, I could be wrong in still a noob. Some of the pro's will answer it better. Hope it helped

It will be along with one other fish. My filtration is way more than I need. I made sure I was ready for cichlids. My real question should have been.,. How many 5-6 inch cichlids for a 40 gallon

Electric bleu jacks or fragile. From the 7 I had I have 1 left over. First off all your water para meter must be perfect to keep electric bleu a little amonia or nitrate can kill them. It depends on the fry to. How strong they or. I kept them in a 10 gallon tank till he grow about 3 till 4 inch. What I did what worked for me is every 2 days I did a 10 to 15 % water change. And fed them twice a day. What I have notice they grew twice as fast. Just keep the electric bleu by them self. With no other fish. I used the 10 gallon to controle the water parameter a 40 gallon would work but keep a eye on your water para meter. I have lost a lot of electric bleu jack dempsey. The 1 I have left over is now 4 and a half inch. And healthy. Because I love this fish so much it took me a lot off effort to keep them. But it paid off. Good luck a 40 gallon would work for a little while depending how much you want to keep and how much will survive. Other than that your eye will tell you when the 40 gallon gets to small good luck

Normal they grow slowly. But in a 10 gallon tank and every 2 days a 10 to 15 % water change they grow rapidly. To size.

I have an EBJD in a 40B if you want to see what it looks like, check out this video.

This has been a pretty popular topic over the last year. Maybe those of us with some experience with them can put something together and maybe the mods can make it into a sticky or something.

I saw the video awesome. Good explanation. Every one has there own way off doing things. And like I sad is the fry you get. If you have weak fry it's hard to keep them. And lose these fellers. Can be frustrated and the prise tag that comes with it. Like 30 to 40$ a peace. In my case . Other states they or cheaper. I wish the best off luck those whom start to keep them.:)

Awesome

image-2540609599.jpg

Attachments

• image-1298742822.jpg
    image-1298742822.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image-4210174228.jpg
    image-4210174228.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom