Electric Blue Ram Super Closeup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfmastin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Enjoy! Day 7 of my planted tank. Aquarium Blog
Please let me know if you have thoughts or advice. Thanks
ebrclose.jpg

df
that's a beautiful fish.
will they coexist with 2 large angels and 2 LF ABN's
in a 46 gallon??
Where could i buy a pair?

Thanks
Charles

Oooh, thanks! It is a nice pic, but lemme say the typical German Blue Rams (GBR) many folks find even more beautiful. These Electric Blue Rams (EBR) are relatively recently bred to the market so I've heard it depends on local market if you can find them. Also the EBR can look flashy or washed out depending on the angle and lighting. The GBR almost always look colorful (see pic). They should have the same compatiblity as GBR. I'm a noob so can't say more!
ebrgbr.jpg

df
that's a beautiful fish.
will they coexist with 2 large angels and 2 LF ABN's
in a 46 gallon??
Where could i buy a pair?

Thanks
Charles

Yup I agree. I think folks are protective of the GBRs. Whenever I see or post a EBR pic I get this pretty quickly. I don't think the EBRs will be anywhere near as popular as the GBRs.

Not denying the beauty of the EBR but still love my GBRs and Golds. :)

Yup I agree. I think folks are protective of the GBRs. Whenever I see or post a EBR pic I get this pretty quickly. I don't think the EBRs will be anywhere near as popular as the GBRs.

I'm sure price will play a big factor too. I looked up prices for the EBR as they are not available in the LFS here. I can't justify spending $30.00 each (and that's the cheapest I found) on fish that honestly aren't as hardy as even a guppy. Now I'm not saying I won't buy Rams, I love the little guys. I have 2 GBR and 2 Golds and plan to buy more for our 40 breeder once it's cycled, but I'm being realistic. They aren't a very hardy fish. We just lost our male GBR for no reason. Nothing on his outer body, water was excellent, temp at 82 degrees. He just died. We had a Gold male do the same. He was swimming around, eating brine shrimp with his female that morning. Then come noon he was dead at the front of the tank. We have also lost 2 females to being "egg-bound".

Kind of like the EB Dempseys. I think they are a beautiful fish and would love to have a couple, but at $59.99 (LFS price) no flippin' way!!! If I was going to do that they would have a tank just to themselves so nothing else could harm them and I would hire a pro tank service!! *lol* I would want NOTHING to go wrong.

But all that aside, I hope you have good luck with your EBRs and enjoy them. They are good looking fish, just not as flashy to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom