Electric Yellow Cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insecurity

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just a quick question, although I'm pretty sure I know the answer. The only reason why I ask, is because I'm finding contradicting statements all over the internet.
A single, or pair of electric yellows in a 20 gallon: yay or nay? My guess would be nay, but I have been proven wrong before.

A single would be fine ( but very lonely)

A pair should be ok
If you plan on a breeding pair then you need somewhere else for the female to go when she's holding
2 males could get aggressive
2 females would be fine but not as colorful

A single would be fine ( but very lonely)

A pair should be ok
If you plan on a breeding pair then you need somewhere else for the female to go when she's holding
2 males could get aggressive
2 females would be fine but not as colorful

Thanks. :)

I'll ask this question, here since my other thread kinda got ignored: what could I use as dithers for these electric yellows, since they are hiding a lot; or is that their nature?

I had a single male in my 20 for awhile he loved it constantly digging but was kinda skittish I moved him to my 55 after I planted the 20 and he got fiesty.

Yellow labs are harem breeders; in a 1 male + 1 female scenario the female may get overly harassed, especially in a 20gal when considering fully matured/full grown specimens. Two juvies should do fine for a time.

Back
Top Bottom