Electric Yellow Lab Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unknown_7

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking of converting my 25 gallon into an African Cichlid tank, the only cichlids I have owned before and Covicts, so I don't know what lake or type of cichlids labs are but they look cool and so I want them. So, were can I find information on them and what are compatible fish for these guys. Thank you in advanced.

I have had 2 Labidochromis Caeruleus (electric yellow labs) for about a year now. These are 2 of my favorite fish. They are an African Rift Lakes species from Lake Malawi. As far as compatability goes, I have them in with
1 Altolamprologus calvus (Kapampa) "Inkfin”
3 Altolamprologus calvus (Chaitika) “White”
2 Altolamprologus compressiceps (Mwela) “Bright Orange"
1 Altolamprologus compressiceps (Tanzania) "Red Fin"
2 Neolamprologus leleupi (Orange)
2 Neolamprologus tretocephalus
2 Neolamprologus cygnus
2 Aulonocara Stuartgranti "Rubescens"
1 Hypancistrus sp. “Queen Arabesque” L-260
4 Chalinochromis sp. "Ndobhoi"
1 Synodontis eupterus "Lace Cat"
they are home in a 125 gallon tank. My avatar on the left is my male lab. I would probably only keep a pair of these in a 25 with another pair of something else. They get to be about 5 inches or so. If you check out my web site you will find more pics of them and there room mates. Please ask more questions.

I wouldn't keep them in a 25 gal tank. I've got 4 in a 150 gal tank (complete list in profile) and they are very attractive fish. I have some pics in my gallery of when mine were smaller. They are compatible with alot of different Africans. I'd avoid the Auratus or any other African that is known for it's high aggressivness. Mine are pretty peaceful but they live with fish that aggressive. Just provide lots of hiding places and free swimming space.

Back
Top Bottom