enough cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cfnola

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just set up a 20 gallon cichlid tank, I have 7 cichlids in there right now, all of which are an 1" to an 1 1/2" does it look like I need more cover here, maybe a terracotta pot?

ForumRunner_20130408_164001.jpg

Looks like African cichlids in the tank. 7 in a 20 gallon is too small. There gonna need a bigger tank. At least a 75 gallon.

Anyway to answer your question. They are rock dwellers, they need rocks, caves and tunnels.

They need places to hide when aggression gets high which in a small tank maybe sooner then later.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice man, and I am going to move up to a larger tank in upcoming months (currently preparing to move to another apartment) and when things get settled there, then I'm going to set up a 100 gallon

Thanks for the advice man, and I am going to move up to a larger tank in upcoming months (currently preparing to move to another apartment) and when things get settled there, then I'm going to set up a 100 gallon

Nice they'll be very very happy in a 100 gallon. Then you could add more. Even a pleco, synodontis, feather fin and some loaches I'd ya wanted.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom