Epsom Salt for cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, i have some cichlids that have internal parasites, and someone recommended Epsom salt to help them. So what does Epsom salt do for them, and how should i dose a 55 gallon tank?

I believe in order for it to help they really need to digest it. If you can figure out a way to get some in their food then it should work great.

Well, i have some cichlids that have internal parasites, and someone recommended Epsom salt to help them. So what does Epsom salt do for them, and how should i dose a 55 gallon tank?

Epsom salts helps reduce excess pressure from the digestive track when treating internal parasite.

I believe in order for it to help they really need to digest it. If you can figure out a way to get some in their food then it should work great.

Ingestion of Epsom salts will kill some forms of parasites such as Hexamita spp. and/or Sprionucleus vortens.

Okay great. So should i mix that in with their meds then? And how much should i dose it?

So, I put one of my sick fish in the hospital tank. I took it out now, but is there a possibility that if i put another fish in the tank that it might get sick also?

Back
Top Bottom