feeding a baby compressiceps??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just got a tiny compressiceps (.5 - 1inch long) & i'm not sure what to feed him.. he's w/ my angel & 2 cories until he's ready for my african tank & he def doesnt dig flakes

i was scared to feed bloodworms because of the bloat but i wasnt even sure if comps have that issue ... ???

my current pellets are a little big but i guess i could crush them up a little & see if everyone likes those

all help is appreciated :)

Moved to Cichlid Discussion. This should help you to get more responses. :)

Compressiceps are carnivores and you may just not be tempting yours enough with the flake food. Not eating for a day or two after purchase isn't a big deal, but I do think you should try the bloodworms to try and get the fish eating as soon as possible.

Here is a profile that you might find helpful.
Altolamprologus compressiceps

thanks!!

he goes after flakes & tries them, just spits them back up after a few seconds. i tried bloodworms but didnt see if he got any.

do i have to worry about bloat w/ him or can i try bloodworms for a few days straight??

I would try whatever it takes to get him eating, personally. Not that I would be worried at this point, just saying. If you can't get your comp to eat frozen bloodworms, I would suggest trying a live food like blackworms or brine shrimp.

I will add, I do not have a lot of experience with this species... if someone else chimes in who keeps this fish, listen to that person instead. ;)

I would feed bloodworms a few times to get it eating then feed it the same food you feed your Africans. If the pellets are too small crush them up with your finger or spoon or any other means you can think of. My frontosa are picky eaters and they love blood worms as do my comps but try to keep it as a treat for them. I usually feed NLS and all my fish love it.

Back
Top Bottom