feeding my juveniles...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.dj

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Do I need to be feeding them 3 times a day? No bigger then 3inches each. I have 5 diff cichlids all South American. I usually start the day with 2 bricks of brine shrimp then give pellets and flakes 2 more time befor lights out. Too much?

It's hard to say what amount is right unless we know how big all of your fish are... I'd recommend to give them whatever they can eat in about 1 minute a day. Don't worry about underfeeding that's pretty hard to do.

For small fish you can feed them more often if you want them to grow faster. Probably 2-3 times a day would be okay as long as the dry food is soaked and the water quality isn't being affected.

Thanks for the advise! My water is cycled by the way, thanks for that one too. The temp is now at 86ish and the fish don't seem to mind it. My albino Oscar is no longer spotted in white and seems to be recovering from the ick. Saddley I think my blood parrot is in the worst stage of the ick. Did a pwc this morning, hoping she gets better. Thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom