Feeding My Red Devil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bohte

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 5 year old red devil and I feed him larde pellet food. I read somewhere that they should eat veggies too. Something about boiled lettuce and peas? I also read that they like earthworms. Regular fishing bait would work...right?

Anything else special my red devil needs in his diet?:dance:

As long as its a quality pellet there really is no reason to add foods from a nutritional stand point. But if you'd like to add things like crickets, grasshoppers, and nightcrawlers(bait store is good)as a occasional treat there is no harm, just as long as they continue to eat the pellets. They are a carnivore in nature so a they are designed to tolerate higher levels of protein.

Last edited:
Agreed. One thing you have to worry about with live food, is any kind or parasite. This is a little bit less likely with insect live food as compared to fish live food. My predators, I fed then New Life Spectrum and also Hikari Sinking Pellets. They lived long happy lives!

I have a 5 year old red devil and I feed him larde pellet food. I read somewhere that they should eat veggies too. Something about boiled lettuce and peas? I also read that they like earthworms. Regular fishing bait would work...right?

Anything else special my red devil needs in his diet?:dance:

I'd also recommend just sticking with high quality pellets and occassional live insect treats. I'm not sharing my lettuce and peas with my fish and the day I start cooking for them....

Back
Top Bottom