Feeding oscars packaged fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Finnylegend55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I know it's not good to feed oscars feeder fish all the time, but can you feed them dried packaged fish you would buy at a super market. Fish like packaged anchovies?

You have to be careful about how supermarket fish are packaged. Read the ingredients.

An alternative is San Francisco Bay Brand frozen smelts sold from the fish store.

I'd say NO to packaged processed fish to feed your Oscar. Use frozen foods like frozen bloodworms or beef heart. If you want to feed feeders here and there invest in breeding your own feeders in a 10 gallon tank.

anything bought from a store will prob have 2 much salt... ur best bet really is a good pellet food. i feed mine hikari cichlid staple, switching her to hirakri cichlid gold, which just is better for color. alot of keepers use New Life Science or NLS pellets. as i stated in ur other thread, u can also feed lean meats, fruit, veg, or breed ur own feeders, shrimp snails, guppies, even crays will be readily accepted by most Oscars...

Back
Top Bottom