Female angelfish behaviour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golden_Fox_Girl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About a month ago I bought 2 female angelfish and they were fine with each other, however in the past 2 weeks I have noticed one female was chasing the other female, is this normal behaviour? Or should I separate them and then reintroduce them in a few days/weeks?

Tank size is 110 litres. PH is 6.8. Hardness is 5° Temperature is 26 celcuis.

Angelfish getting aggresive is pretty normal, unless one is getting hurt, or prevented from eating or the harrassment never ends then i would just put it down to normal behaviour. 110 litres is on the small size for angel fish, is there plenty of room for them to avoid and hide from each other?

Are you sure they are both female? Mine tend to fight just before they spawn, although its not unheard of for 2 females to try and spawn. 2 of my angels (m/f) are going at each other right now, so i expect eggs in the next day or so. They will then be friends while they look after the eggs for a couple of days at most before they eat them. Then a couple of weeks of peace and the whole process starts again.

They are definitely females. the one that gets harassed is fine with eating, she may be getting hurt I'm not sure.. there defiantly is no sign of injury, but I'm keeping a close eye on them. They have heaps of space, plus I have made rock caves for them to hide.. Thank you for replying

Back
Top Bottom