Female convict aggressive toward my male convict why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thought convict cichlids would be great parents, they are alone in a 22 gallon tank and the fry just recently got out of there eggs and are all huddled together in a group, why arent they working together ?

(might be because this is their very first breeding and very first eggs?) i think i answered my own question ..lol, what do you all think ? And could any of you give me an idea of a day to day growing up for fry

Example:

Day 1-3 = still eggs

Day 4-6 = huddled togethet not swimming

Day 30 = 0.5 inch .... Hope you guys understand and this all is not what i know im just guessing please help :)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

In my experience, females provide more care than the males. The male might guard the perimeter of the nesting site. The female could feel that he is a threat to the fry.

I've never had a male that was allowed to participate early on, you may see her allow him to help out when they are a bit older. It may be just to bring back the wanderers or he may get a group of his own, depends on the female and what she will allow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Allright thanks,i googled it first and it only came up about the male harrassing the female...but never the opposite :s

My male went psycho woth the last breed and constantly abused the female. And slowly the babies were disapearring. I have two theories and hoping you guys could help. Tye male was eating them while being aggressive, or the female being bullied and harrased got stressed and ate them. Not that its a real big deal, I was not keeping the babies or at least planning to. Mine convicts worked together for the first few days before this started happening. Sorry for questions in ypur forum just seemed like a similar topic.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its fine !:), i think its option 2 though, because of stress its for the female

Back
Top Bottom