Female peacock showing no love to male.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have two dragon bloods ( m and f) in a 20 long and am trying to get them to spawn. The male is all about it right now but keeps facing cold hard rejection from the female right now. Problem is the male is starting to come on way to strong and is stressing female. What's the deal here guys?

Unsure as to why the female wants none of it but I would get at least one more female in there as the male will harass her till she dies.

Thanks for the tip. Last night I put in a smaller strawberry peacock that may or may not be mature enough to spawn and a sub dominate strawberry male so hopefully they can help to divert some of the aggression.

It may also be important to note that the heater in the tank for whatever reason wa working better than ever and when I checked my temp it was 86! Eeek. The main tank that they were taken from was 80. I'm in the process of SLOWLY lowering the temps as I don't want to shock them but also don't want them in thr high of a temp.

I would remove the subdominant male. You want a 1-3 (m-f) ratio. Do you know you have the correct type of female peacock, sometimes the color won't be as strong in the fry when they are crossbreed.

I removed the sub dominate male and recently saw my male and female dragon bloods "getting jiggy with it" the full on shakes and circles routine. I'm wondering how I know the spawn was successful and when I can remove the male?

Back
Top Bottom