Festae coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garfy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So on Wednesday my cichlasoma Festae will be arriving.All my Africans will have been rehomed.
I'm getting 12 in total and my plan is to get a breeding pair from the 12.
They are marked up as F1 fish so I'm pretty stoked.The colour of the adult fish is amazing and I'm really looking forward to watching them grow.

So on Wednesday my cichlasoma Festae will be arriving.All my Africans will have been rehomed.
I'm getting 12 in total and my plan is to get a breeding pair from the 12.
They are marked up as F1 fish so I'm pretty stoked.The colour of the adult fish is amazing and I'm really looking forward to watching them grow.

If you have extra tanks, I would keep a spare male and female, just in case your original couple doesn't work out after a few spawnings.

Only spare I have is 30 g and that's not big enough.I don't have enough room at the moment for any more 5 foot plus tanks so we will just have to see how it goes.I will have a divider ready just in case.

Only spare I have is 30 g and that's not big enough.I don't have enough room at the moment for any more 5 foot plus tanks so we will just have to see how it goes.I will have a divider ready just in case.

My hyper aggressive female killed 2 males, including one twice her size after successful spawns.

HUKIT said:
My hyper aggressive female killed 2 males, including one twice her size after successful spawns.

I'm going to have to hope I get lucky.I will be keeping a close eye on them.At what size roughly will they colour up.I read about 4-5"

I've ordered NLS Thera A with extra garlic 1mm pellets as they are still small.
Haven't used it before so I'm hoping for good results.In the past I've used Hikari Cichlid gold and new era green Cichlid pellets.No complaints but I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about.

Can't wait to see some pics :) I just got two Peruvian juveniles f2 and can't wait to see some colors

Ok good to know.The males are the same or later?

I've had wild caught males from Equador and Peru and they both started to color up around the same as the ladies, some were green and some turned gold depending on collection sight.

I've ordered NLS Thera A with extra garlic 1mm pellets as they are still small.

I feed NLS Thera exclusively to all my fish, even all my wild caught Cryptoheros accepted them fairly quickly.

So all my Africans have been rehomed and all that's left are 4 synodontis.Tomorrow the Festae arrive.Will be interesting to watch them settle in.
Pics to follow.

HUKIT said:
Be prepared to wait, they grow at a snails pace!

Lol can't be worse them my stinking grammode. That guys only grown 1" in like 3 months. Haha

Can't wait for pics. I'm actually getting some at the end of the month. Rapps says his are F1 so I hope for the nice color as well. At least I have the 2 55's to keep some extras if the breeding go's bad.

Aski247 said:
Lol can't be worse them my stinking grammode. That guys only grown 1" in like 3 months. Haha

Can't wait for pics. I'm actually getting some at the end of the month. Rapps says his are F1 so I hope for the nice color as well. At least I have the 2 55's to keep some extras if the breeding go's bad.

I got some f2s off rapps and they are some beauts :) haven't developed their adult colors yet though

Ok so they've arrived.I ordered 10 and 15 arrived all look in good shape and I've floated them and just released them.Here is a picture of some of them in the bag before I released them.They are so tiny I would say just a bit under an inch.
Will try and get done pics when the lights come on later.

image-193720636.jpg

image-870353991.jpg

Wow they aren't even showing any color yet... Mine took about 6 months to develop color and the biggest one is about 1 1/2-2" so now its a waiting game lol

I know they're much smaller than I anticipated.They may have lost a little colour in transit as I bought them online.We will see.
They look lost in a 5 foot tank lol

Back
Top Bottom