Fighting a reflection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeISright

Aquarium Advice Freak
My GT keeps trying to lip lock with his own reflection on my black background.. Any experiences with this and ways to stop it?

The one thing that has worked for me when this happens is to rearrange the tank-if possible. I might put the driftwood on the other side of the tank and add a few rocks. Or maybe put some plants in a different place or get some new plants. Those have all worked for me.

Lol totally normal. My RD does this for hours. I offer hear him hit the glass so hard and teeth scraping. Sometime I think it's the tank cracking and will scare me.

Nothing to worry about. But him showing aggression even to his reflection I'd keep an eye on the rest of its tankmates.

Nearly 80% of my new world fish do this with varying degrees from ramming the glass head on, fill flaring, or tail slapping. It's nothing to worry about until that reflection turns into other fish, so for now be happy it's the glass and not his tankmates. The only fish that I've owned that hurt themselves was a male tiger Oscar who dislocated his jaw permantley, besides that I've had hundreds of them do. Heck I had a parachromis managuense try to attack me whenever I wore a red shirt, welcome to new worlds!

Back
Top Bottom