Filter changes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajcile612

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two biowheel 350s running on my 55g. I know that I basically never need to change the biowheel but how often should I change the pads that go in the back of the filter. Their carbon pads I believe. Just the C size that fits for the filter. I just buy the same kind that came with it and change when they are dirty. Anything I should know or do differently?

ajcile612 said:
I have two biowheel 350s running on my 55g. I know that I basically never need to change the biowheel but how often should I change the pads that go in the back of the filter. Their carbon pads I believe. Just the C size that fits for the filter. I just buy the same kind that came with it and change when they are dirty. Anything I should know or do differently?

Just rinse them in old tank water when doing your pwc. Once they start falling apart and can't be rinsed anymore replace

Just replace them one at a time. You'll cause a mini cycle if you remove them both at the same time.

Andrew McFadden said:
Just rinse them in old tank water when doing your pwc. Once they start falling apart and can't be rinsed anymore replace

Pretty much nailed it here.

You don't replace them until there falling apart in your hands an cant possible be used anymore. If there still holding up, just rinse them in old tank water and put them back, your done.

I haven't replaced anything on my 75g yet and it's gonna be about year soon.

Haha. Thanks guys, kinda pissed because I have been spending a lot of money on replacing them and now to find out that the store is pretty much lying sucks lol, thanks for the help tho

ajcile612 said:
Haha. Thanks guys, kinda pissed because I have been spending a lot of money on replacing them and now to find out that the store is pretty much lying sucks lol, thanks for the help tho

They just say that so you'll spend more money.

Back
Top Bottom