Filter for 80 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CicGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sup people sooooo my Marineland filter is bothering me now- I gotta pay almost 40-50 dollars every couple weeks for cartridges and i'm over that now. I'm switching to 2 Aquaclear 70s for my 80 gallon African tank. Im sure everyones seen the video of my tank by now so let me know if this is a good choice for my bioload. Btw I have about 19 Africans and 1 Brown Knife for those who haven't seen my tank.

CicGuy said:
Sup people sooooo my Marineland filter is bothering me now- I gotta pay almost 40-50 dollars every couple weeks for cartridges and i'm over that now. I'm switching to 2 Aquaclear 70s for my 80 gallon African tank. Im sure everyones seen the video of my tank by now so let me know if this is a good choice for my bioload. Btw I have about 19 Africans and 1 Brown Knife for those who haven't seen my tank.

You don't need to change your filters until there literally falling apart in your hands, that will save you money.

If it were me I'd go with 2 AC110's and your golden. Better yet a canister filter would be even better. Not sure what your budget is. I run 1 AC110 and 1 Fluval Fx5 on my 75 gallon African Cichlid tank. It has loaches and 2 plecos in it. I've had my tank for a year now and haven't replaced media, filter cartridge, sponge whatever you wanna call it. I just rinse in tank water during water change time. Only thing I toss is polishing pads which I stick in the AC110.

Back
Top Bottom