Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jllarrea

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all! I have a 29g tank with juvenile Mbunas that I will be moving to a 55g once they get a little bigger. I am prepping everything for the 55g including a Marineland C360. I decided to set it up in my 29g for now so it can cycle and be established for when I move it to the 55g. It's working great and the water is crystal clear. The thing is that the water outflow is very strong and creates a strong current in the tank. Is this constant strong current bad for the fish in any way? Or is it ok? They seem to all be congregating on the opposite side of the tank so that's why I'm worried. Thank you!

That filter is obviously overkill for a tank that small. If you have a smaller filter you may want to use that instead and then use the media from it to seed the canister filter when you move the fish to their bigger tank.

Got it. Thank you!

If you rinse old filter media into the new filter with room temperature water it should establish pretty quickly. I do this when I switch cartridges, works great. Bacterial filter doesn't skip a beat.

Back
Top Bottom