Fin is gone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dixiegirl89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I just recently got a male sunshine benga and when I put him in the tank all of his fins were in tact. I don't know who did it but someone bit off (and I mean this literally) his left fin! I can't even see where the base of the fin is. It is completely gone! He is swimming fine and nobody is messing with him. I think it was just a territorial argument between fish and he lost. But I can't see any sign of damage to the body and there isn't any sign of distress. What can I do for him? I don't have a hospital tank and I added some aquarium salt to the tank. Is there anything else I can do to help the fin grow back?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's how he looks, as you can see there's no physical damage to the fish and he is swimming freely. Ugh I feel so bad for him. I have fittingly named him Nemo.

Attachments

• 1399847981034.jpg
    1399847981034.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 1399847995394.jpg
    1399847995394.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 109
Is it gone? Or pinched to his body, I think I can see it in the picture. When they get roughed up they will favor it, and hold it close to their body.
Nothing to worry about, he'll rest it, and it will grow back.
A bright fish like a Benga will get harassed for a few days, just make sure it has a hiding place.

If it's ripped out from the cartilage I'm not sure if that will grow back, but I feel like it should. It will take a very long time.

Melafix will help grow fins back, and helps mellow fish out.

Its definitely ripped out. Where can I get melafix?

Oh..bummer. well I'm just happy he can still swim. Ill pick some up as soon as I can. Hopefully it will grow back but if it doesn't I just want him to heal.

Back
Top Bottom