Finally!! Jack Dempsey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally the jack D is out swimming with everyone else haha. He/she even went after an earth worm and chased the oscar off of it which is very suprising. Still a little skiddish but not very.

Attachments

• image-4081062675.jpg
    image-4081062675.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 89
I have a Jack Dempsey with an oscar too. The oscar is a bit too intimidating for the JD to even provoke it. I doubt they would fight, even over territory due to the attitude and the look of how dominating the oscar is:)

I really like the color of mine its pretty cool.
Mine has more blue on his face an more color overall. Not sure why though haha:)
What do you feed him? Mine is still a bit small, I feed him some good small pellets(My clown knife fish eats them too haha), krill(additional protein for growth, and color), frozen blood worm(for an additional color enhancor) and shrimp. Also, once a week, some veggies.

Ya ik i dont. And thats not all thats just the majority of what i feed. I feed pellets morning and night. 2 crickets middle of the day and beefheart twice a week.

Ya ik i dont. And thats not all thats just the majority of what i feed. I feed pellets morning and night. 2 crickets middle of the day and beefheart twice a week.
Cut down to once a week beef heart and once a week cricket. They're not mainly carnivores and eat what they find, witch is usually fruit that drop from trees or anything similar. It's rare that they eat ''meat''.
It can cause deficiency and even liver problems:(
The most apparent sign is HLLE or commonly known as Hole in the Head(HITH).

O crap srry im talking about my oscars. My jack doesnt eat much except pellets and an earthworm every blue moon. But the crickets are only when i have some.

Back
Top Bottom