Finally upgraded to a 55!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JnessaK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Found this 55 bow front used at my LFS, cleaned it up and now it's the new cichlid tank:) right now there's only firemouths in it. But I love it!! (Water is still couldn't in the pic so disregard that). ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409112523.249069.jpg

And those are all fake plants. I thought it needed some color, my firemouths like to rearrange, so I'm sure they'll floating around soon after I put them in. ???ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409112594.938603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank ya! I love it:) I've been waiting to upgrade to a larger tank for a very long time!

fire mouths are one of my favorites would love to see pics when you have them in there.

Yep they're my favorite too! I will post pics up of them when I get em in there!

Also...... Any suggestions as to good tank mates for firemouths would be awesome! I've googled and read several different opinions, but would like some input from the folks here!

Also...... Any suggestions as to good tank mates for firemouths would be awesome! I've googled and read several different opinions, but would like some input from the folks here!

My biggest recommendation with fire mouths is don't over stock give them there space and the colors and personalities will really pop. If you want another cichlid I would go with one of the following

Honduran red points
Electric blue acara
Key hole cichlid
Rainbow cichlid

If you arent wanting more cichlids I would do
Rainbows or Gouramies something that is going to stay on the top level of the tank

In my 75
2x Firemouths
5x Honduran Red Points. -They work well together and look great together. 1x electric yellow lab in there. I don't recommend mixing most mbuna with them but the yellow labs do ok.
1x Green phantom pleco
1x bulldog pleco

I had an adult pair of FM in my peacock tank but the firemouths should be the same size or larger than the peacocks to start.

Back
Top Bottom