Finicky Frontosa (Mpimbwe)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hungrytony037

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Frontosa's (5) are about 2-2.5 inches and had been eating New Life Spectrum pellets for about two months. It seems that they have lost there taste for them and are starting to ingnore them, waiting for me to feed them flakes. Naively thinking that variety was good. Should I completely hold back on the flakes and not give them an option?

Their color, condition and demeaner other than ignoring the pellets has not changed. Tankmates are 2-calvus, 1-steatrocranus and 2-clown loaches. They all get along and have room.

I've got a group of frontosa juvies that are complete hogs, I've never seen them lose interest in food, so this is just an idea: if you've been feeding them daily try fasting them for one day and then re-introduce the pellets; that might re-ignite their appetite.

Will do thanks. Wasn't sure if fasting them so young was ok. They do have an appetite but just for the flakes. Which I learned are not the best for them after the fact. I made a rookie error by letting them manipulate what I feed them. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for asking. I starved them only about 18 hours and it worked. Thanks a lot. I just wasnt sure if I could do that because they are juvies. It worked

Back
Top Bottom