First fry ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a surprise today when cleaning the tank -- I was wondering why the Orange Fin Caudopunks had been biting my arm with such fervor!

The kids are so excited. All right -- I'm as thrilled as them. :)

Attachments

• DSC04957.jpg
    DSC04957.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 147
Here's the proud daddy.

Attachments

• DSC04970.jpg
    DSC04970.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 148
Might just be me being blind but I don't see the fry :p

We counted seven hanging outside their shell at once. I might have lost some before realizing they were there since I was actually doing some shell scrubbing during today's PWC. Two of the caudopunks' three shells were removed from the tank and cleaned in a bucket and the third I left in and cleaned in place -- don't really know why -- but that's the one we found the fry in later. I checked my bucket after the fact and found no fry, so I suspect the mom slurped them into the protection of her mouth before I removed those shells if there were any in there.

How big is a neolamprologus caudopunctatus brood usually?

Thanks! They're swimming around today. My! How they grow up so fast. ;)

Got a surprise today when cleaning the tank -- I was wondering why the Orange Fin Caudopunks had been biting my arm with such fervor!

The kids are so excited. All right -- I'm as thrilled as them. :)

How many adults did you start off with? I've seen this advertised on eBay but I decided against them since they aren't colony fish. I really liked their colours though!

I just bought a pair off of aquabid. I thought they'd have to get much bigger before having fry -they're still the same size they were when I got them which is maybe an inch and a half for the male and maybe an inch and a quarter for the female. I read that caudopunks get twice that size so I'm a little surprised.

Back
Top Bottom