First Time Cichlid Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a new tank in the foreseeable future. It will probably be a 20 gallon long tank. I was considering stocking it with Neolamprologus multifasciatus and Julidochromis transcriptus. If I do this how many of each can I have and will the tank be exciting?

Thats it? What about 2 pairs of multis and some german blue rams?

I just put it in a 5gallon bucket and fill it with water and stir it around. Let the dust and small sand particles overflow out of the bucket, Stir it around to speed the process, Thats at least how i did it.. Thats for new sand, as for sand alrdy in the tank, Its best to just use a siphon to suck up the nasty stuff off the top of the sand, You will suck up a little sand, really no preventing that. You can also stir it around in the tank and proform a water change right after to take all that junk out... Might not be the best idea but it does work

bullybully said:
I have just set up a cichlid tank with sand, how do I clean sand???

If you mean initially, It would be easier to rinse it by the pound in a bucket and dump off the muddy water. And do it several times over. Its easy but can be time consuming. If you mean vacuuming, just hold the siphon a half inch above the sand. Easy peasy. You'll catch a little sand in your siphon here and there.

Back
Top Bottom