Fish ID?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmtiz92

Aquarium Advice Activist
This little guy was sold to me as a kribensis (still very young) butI don't really think that is what they are. Any idea what he could be? Thank you!

Attachments

• photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 99
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 98
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 80
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 91
I have no idea what the parents were, unfortunately. These guys were just in with a bunch of neon tetras.

the bottom 1 sorta looks like a dicrossus filamentosus (female?) juvie
the top 1 looks like my previous small juvie pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi female.

its difficult but i love a challenge ha

what tank will they be going in? x

Hmm I don't think it is either of those, they don't have the spots like the first one, and they are very dark. They have a stripe down the center of their bodies, and then a little bit of yellow on the top of their dorsal fins. They seem to be growing very slowly as well, do you think it's possible they're some weird type of shelly? They are in my ten gallon right now, will be going into my 36 within the next couple of days. I'm afraid at this point if I put them in there they will get lost Lol. Thanks so much for helping!

i looked at the lamprologus species, but i found no hits. the dicrossus can have very large and dark spots that appear like a stripe, but clearly it not that then. is the mouth anything like an Otto's?
what is the one in the 2nd pic, it doesnt look like the others? x

Their mouths are nothing like an Otto, they looks like kribs, their colors are just weird. But like their body shape and the way they act is like a krib. Maybe they're just a weird color or something. All the pictures are of the same fish, just one he is in a tank, and the others I took him out to try to get better pictures. I guess I just may have to wait and see what they grow to look like.

Back
Top Bottom