Fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely a Festae.The Tail spot is high on the tail.A Mayans Tsil spot is bigger and more Central.I have 9 Festae and trust me this is a Festae.

Definitely a Festae.The Tail spot is high on the tail.A Mayans Tsil spot is bigger and more Central.I have 9 Festae and trust me this is a Festae.

I'd agree! Mayans have a full occelus "Tail spot" on their caudul peduncle where as the Festae only has a half occelus.

Nice fish, but what is in the tank with it? These guys aren't called red terrors for no reason.

Well this one has a damaged Tail do something has had a go at it.Don't imagine he'll have too much trouble when he gets bigger though.He looks to be about 4-4.5" at the moment.

Well this one has a damaged Tail do something has had a go at it.Don't imagine he'll have too much trouble when he gets bigger though.He looks to be about 4-4.5" at the moment.

From the looks of it, he's prob 4" and the tail looks more like an incidental contact with a decoration or something since there are no chunks missing. Just a tear. Good looking fish though.

He's 6" long. Just added him yesterday. Tank is brand new and since adding him, he's not really swimming around and just sitting at bottom. That normal ?

He's 6" long. Just added him yesterday. Tank is brand new and since adding him, he's not really swimming around and just sitting at bottom. That normal ?

Yeah....he's probably stressed out still. Give him some time and he should be running the tank.

How often should I be doing water changes in my new 90 gallon ?

Back
Top Bottom