Fish id help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stardaddy2016

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello every one ive just bought some cichlids and have been told they are midas cichlids but just want to make sure and can any one twll me when they start to colour please the two orange one are the mum and dad meny thanks russell

Sent from my SM-G925F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1476734596604.jpg
    1476734596604.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 1476734618218.jpg
    1476734618218.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 1476734628467.jpg
    1476734628467.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 81
Just re read the first post. if they are juveniles then they could just not be colored up

Just re read the first post. if they are juveniles then they could just not be colored up

They're midevils more than likely. Two species of anphilophus, labiatus and citronellum, the red devil and the Midas, respectively, are commonly hybridized and should be labeled as such unless lineage is known

Males and females are not distinguishable by color, so not sure where you're getting that?

@Freakgecko91 i was treating sexing the fish as if they were Africans. Didnt know that male and female look the same with that species

@Freakgecko91 i was treating sexing the fish as if they were Africans. Didnt know that male and female look the same with that species

Very little comparison between Malawi cichlids and the big boys of Central America other than being cichlids really. Midas are gonna be based more of size, fin shape, and vent and basically nothing to do with color

Ok do you know uf they will colour with in time then as when i bought them i got told they would colour about 3 months old and are two now

Ok thats lovly thanks mate

No, these don't typically "color up" with age. Barred will develop their pattern (the striped ones in the adult picture). Oranges/whites typically exhibit that coloring from a young age. It may get brighter but not really "colored up"

Back
Top Bottom