Fish ID please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilovecichlids

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought 2 new cichlids for my Malawi tank the other day but the lady at the pet store didn't know what they were. They are blue, almost purple with black stripes. I usually research them before I buy them, but when I saw these I couldn't resist... I really need to know their diet, size they get and their temperament... If someone could tell me some info on these guys it would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks, Cara

Attachments

• image-201002964.jpg
    image-201002964.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image-729351315.jpg
    image-729351315.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 100
A nice looking cichlid ... Sorry I'm not very knowledgable with cichlids ... Could it be an electric blue?

jcolon said:
DARN!:facepalm: Guess I'll stick with Barbs ... Trying to keep track of which lake or continent a cichlid's from is like trying to anticipate all the excuses I'm going to hear from my students about missing HW ... Just too may to deal with.:banghead:

Well you had the lake right, but I know what you mean.

It looks like a juvenile Blue Cobalt, but then the picture in which you can see its profile it looks a bit like a peacock, some times pet stores get hybrids in substitution for a fish the store ordered but that the breeder didn't have. But it really looks like a Blue cobalt to me. Search for these, Blue Cobalt, kenyii, some pseudotropheus cichlids, you may find a picture resembling your new fish, its still very beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom