Fish id pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ottermus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any ideas what this fish is pls

Attachments

• image-1779776684.jpg
    image-1779776684.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 158
Thanks, had a look and he looks like zebra to me

i agree with dragon,looks like a faded bolivian to me

He's got an electric blue tint which can't be seen on photo

He's maybe 2" in length but very young, hardly got any colour just a bright blue tinge. I only got him yesterday and I've went and forgotten what he is, der!
I enquired at the time about a ram but they didn't have any in, my lfs is pretty clued up, I trust what they say as they are hobbiests of many years.

Well maybe so I'd everyone is of the same opinion, I just can't for the life of me remember what they said he was.

Hi,

I have 3 of these in my tank. Their name is satanoperca leucosticta. More commonly known as an earth eater. A member of the cichlid family.

They are great for keeping the substrate clean, I have sand in my tank and they constantly move the sand around and sift through it. They will also move small gravel substrate around. They are very peacefully for a cichlid to be honest. I have them in with a rope fish, black ghost knife fish, and some synodontis cats. They all get on well.

It is definitely not a Ram or Satanoperca. It is a species of Geophagus, but at 2'' it will be impossible to get a proper ID on the species. Was it bought from a store? If so what was it labeled as?

That's the problem I can't remember what he qas labelled,they did say he would grow to about 15cm and dig into the gravel and he would get a lot of colours through shortly.

I think I will go back to the store and find out what they called it.

That's the problem I can't remember what he qas labelled,they did say he would grow to about 15cm and dig into the gravel and he would get a lot of colours through shortly.

Eesh, that describes most of your Geo species. Let us know what they say many times they are mislabeled a lot of Geos look the same or close. otherwise,you may just have to wait til it grows out a bit more.

Gille

I have to disagree sorry. I have 3 of these fish in my tank. They have a black spot in the middle of there body which is very faint but is more defined when the lights are first put on in the mornings.

Def as above. IMO ;-)

Back
Top Bottom