Fish living in filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garfy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I I'm doing my weekly pwc and I decide to clean one of my external filters.As I get to the bottom of the stack I find this guy about an inch and a half long.He must have been sucked into the filter as a small fry and grown up in the filter over the last 6 months.Well now he has a big tank and lots of friends to swim with.Happy days :)

image-1119789288.jpg

Mundle said:
What fish is it

Certainly a hybrid.My best guess is a mix of yellow tailed acei and pseudotropheus elongatus.He had the yellow tinge to his tail and body colouring of a juvie elongatus.
He's been through so much I think he deserves to live

That's very common, I have twin overflows in one my tank and constantly find fish in there. I currently have a lone Buenes Aires tetra living in the right overflow, I have no place to put him after his 35 friends were killed by my festae.

HUKIT said:
That's very common, I have twin overflows in one my tank and constantly find fish in there. I currently have a lone Buenes Aires tetra living in the right overflow, I have no place to put him after his 35 friends were killed by my festae.

Interesting.well the other filter is due in about 3 months so I guess we will just see what happens.I thought the dirty water in the filter would kill him.Just goes to show how hardy fish can be.

I had a fry living in my fluval 306 for a little while. Now doing just fine with all the rest.

What must be Wierd for the new fish is that there wouldn't have been any light in the filter so it must be a pretty freaky world for him.

Back
Top Bottom