Fish ok but damged gill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zakwhite

Aquarium Advice Activist
When buying 4 cichlids today for my tank I noticed one of them and a gill flap thing gone please assist me I think it happened I the bag and I'm going to phone the fish shop tomorrow pic attached good and bad side please assist me thanks

So its completly missing a gill? I would call and trade it in, im not sure if a fish would grow that back

Edwards36 said:
So its completly missing a gill? I would call and trade it in, im not sure if a fish would grow that back

Forgot to attach picture here you
Go

Attachments

• image-462084966.jpg
    image-462084966.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1416602601.jpg
    image-1416602601.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image-4252174002.jpg
    image-4252174002.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 101
Hmmm from the pics its not too too bad but still missing

It might grow back over time but can't be guaranteed. I've had fish grow parts of gills back but that's pretty bad. Good looking acei though.

Malawi Freak said:
It might grow back over time but can't be guaranteed. I've had fish grow parts of gills back but that's pretty bad. Good looking acei though.

I might be stupid but what do you mean by acei? Also I'm taking back to the shop when I go next they said they will swap him over. :)

Its a fish heres mine, im not 110% sure if yours is an acei though

Attachments

• image-3559342352.jpg
    image-3559342352.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 103
Havea look at show off photography basque it's the same as the one I litterally just posted

Zakwhite said:
Havea look at show off photography basque it's the same as the one I litterally just posted

What kin of fish do you think the messed up gill is?

Zakwhite said:
When buying 4 cichlids today for my tank I noticed one of them and a gill flap thing gone please assist me I think it happened I the bag and I'm going to phone the fish shop tomorrow pic attached good and bad side please assist me thanks

Wow!! I would definitely bring it back to where you bought it from! You could never be sure what's actually going on with that fish! You wouldn't need any problems occurring in your tank!

I think its jus a birth defect I've had fish like that before its no big deal an btw I'm luvin ur tank set up wat kind of gravel/sand is that? And the white rock?

stone1269 said:
I think its jus a birth defect I've had fish like that before its no big deal an btw I'm luvin ur tank set up wat kind of gravel/sand is that? And the white rock?

It ocean rock with coral sand on the bottom4-6mm always in a differrent layout into he morning yep you guessed it the biggest always digs pit hole it's pretty funny actually ;)

stone1269 said:
Coral sand or crushed coral? How much does it usually run?

What do you mean usually run if you mean price a 25 kg bag was £15 for me I think it's crushed coral not sand but I must say it has small shells in it

Back
Top Bottom