Fish Tail Regrowth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady_Alia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've got a fish who's tail is gone due to aggression, will/can it grow back? I know tails can repair themselves, but this one is completely gone! Below is a pic of the poor thing. Can this guy possibly pull through?

Attachments

• image-2183817103.jpg
    image-2183817103.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 108
It's not gotten into the fleshy part of the tail, but all finage is gone. There was some fin yesterday, but seems to have disappeared over night. It was in with a few mbuna. I don't know which one did it though.

I don't think there's any fin left at all. There was, but not any more. I guess time will tell huh?!?

Thanks, me too. It's such a pretty little guy. I won't try to put it back in that tank, but I don't know that it'll work in ANY of my tanks. So it looks like I'll be nursing it back to health so I can find a new home for it :-(

I don't know the answer to either of those questions. Mom picked it out and put it in her mbuna tank. I posted pics of it on another forum and they tend to think it's a red zebra crossed with a yellow lab. I need ta get some good pics of it's shape and color and post em.

Back
Top Bottom