fish to put with tiger oscars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bricks34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 1 albino tiger Oscar 7" and a black tiger Oscar 6" in my tank. I want to add some fish but do not know what to add and suggestions. My tank has rock structures, blue back ground, and white sand.

You need to rehome 2 oscars 55 gallons is the bare minimum for 1 preferably 75 please take my advice or else your oscars will die

Bricks34 said:

Will you be upgrading the tank? If not you're most likely overstocked with 1 Oscar..could however get by with a 90g with 1 Oscar&the only other fish you might add are feeder fish but by doing so you risk introducing disease into the tank..only speaking from my personal experience..

To your question you do need a biger tank for 2 I would have nothing under 6foot by 2foot by 2foot and I have had blue dolphins with them but that need lots of caves to hide in and try get them at full size I've had no success with any other fish with the ocscar I did have a red devil but he killed the ocscar in the end lasted about 5 years before he died then all I could keep with the red devil was a ell the size of my arm the ell lived for about 2 years then escaped but I gave red to a mate his still alive and my mate us now trying to give him back but I know what his like he can keep him

I would most definatly get a slightly larger tank, but if your asking what you can mix them with i find equal size blood parrots, Thats what i did with mine but mine were quite small it
Might be a different ballgame when they become
Larger

Well you need at least a 6 foot 125 gallon for just the 3 and maybe a Raphael catfish nothing else your talking about fish that reach 14 inches each and have huge bioads.

I was thinking about getting a 100 gal with fake grass at the bottom of the whole tank then some type of rock creation then have blowers on the bottom to push and break up the bioload towards the filter

Back
Top Bottom