flashing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have u introduced any new fish. Change decorations, or did a water change, or r ur water levels out of balance ???

Agree with everything above(^). Also, could be territorial, what kind of cichlids r in the tank?

What are your readings?

How big is the tank?

How long has the tank been set up?

Sometimes it's an issue, sometimes it's not. Depends entirely on your situation.

Tank size is 55g,Malawi setup with marineland 350 canister...all parameters seem well w/the exception of the ph level,adjusted with ph up and will recheck today..tank has been setup for 2 months...

Also do routine water changes at 25%...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111003_100753.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111003_100753.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 88
adjusted with ph up and will recheck today..tank has been setup for 2 months...

It is never recommended to use any bottled method of adjusting your pH. Your fish may be experiencing a negative effect caused by the pH Up.

The ph up was done after the flashing was noticed...and won't crushed corral drive hardness up?

I checked the parameters & they are as follows: hrph 7.8-8.0, ammo.25, nitrite .o, nitrate 5.0,gh 180 & kh 180. Also took your advice & added a sm amount of crushed correl to my canister filter..was done before the testing this evening.

I would agree and say it caused by the water parameters being slightly off and the PH fluctuation. I would do a 50% water change add some more crushed coral and call it a day.

Allot of Mbuna and peacocks you buy from a LFS don't really needs the uber high PH they will be fine anywhere from 7.0-8.0 as long as its stable. I always advocate not adding any chemical to the aquarium unless 100% necessary, like some sort of medication. Pretty much every problem in a aquarium can be fixed by one of the following: water change/ gravel vac, by adding rocks/crushed coral, plants or driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom