Flies on my water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DUPRASAQUARIA

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I'm looking for an answer for the flies I have on my water. I first noticed one morning that my breeding tank for my green terrors had little flies on the top of the water, there was about 30 at least. I quickly sucked them up with some water changing and thought they were gone. The following morning they were back but only about 10. This has been happening everyday for a week at least and I have since removed all the gravel and rocks! The tank is bare with the fish only. I have read that dosing copper should kill any parasites but I still see them everyday. I'm not sure what to do as none of my other tanks have any and theyre all in the same room. I see all kinds of microscopic life on the glass and in the tank but not sure where these flies are coming from. They look like fruit flies!!! Slightly greenish or clear body and very small like a fruit fly. Anybody know what's going on.???

Can you take a picture? As close and as clear as possible. If they are fruit flies they likely came from somewhere else in the house. Bad fruit, garbage, the disposal.

Ok I did the best I can with the pics and also their are no other signs of these bugs anywhere else in the house. No garbages on that floor and I have searched for anything else that might be a cause but I'm not sure! And also none of my other tanks that are in the same room have any signs of them.??!

Attachments

• image-3617425130.jpg
    image-3617425130.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image-623816526.jpg
    image-623816526.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 117
Ok I did the best I can with the pics and also their are no other signs of these bugs anywhere else in the house. No garbages on that floor and I have searched for anything else that might be a cause but I'm not sure! And also none of my other tanks that are in the same room have any signs of them.??!

It's small and green. Could be lacewings? (I'm probably wrong)

Here is an update for others info as well I did a 50% water change like I have been doing daily and I decided to clean the filter and just like they said its filled with the larva!!!! Millions of them!!! Everywhere! It's awful soon took a pic and a video I'm soaking in 1/3 bleach/hot water to kill and disinfect. That's definitely where they are all hanging out!! And growing. Hope this can help others !!! Check and clean the filters as well as cleaning entire tank.! Empty out gravel or sand! And do the daily water changes!!! I will also be buying a bunch of guppies to eat any remaining larva and to help quicken the process!!

Attachments

• image-3028406513.jpg
    image-3028406513.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1789450378.jpg
    image-1789450378.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 61
the video didn't work on my samsung tab, I'm kind of glad =) I think you've got a good start in getting rid of them gl!

I wanted to say to everyone that i seem to have done it!! No more flies since the filter cleaning and massive water changes :) im so happy they are gone!!

Back
Top Bottom