Flowerhorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jav1975

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings everyone! I was wondering if someone here can help me, my flowerhorn hasnt been eating in the last 2 weeks at all, but keeps doing #2 and its all white? Is there anything i can give him to get better?

Jav1975 said:
Greetings everyone! I was wondering if someone here can help me, my flowerhorn hasnt been eating in the last 2 weeks at all, but keeps doing #2 and its all white? Is there anything i can give him to get better?

Sounds to me like an internal parasite. Your best bet is gonna be metronidazole sold as metro+ .Or clout works also but is harder to find. Do you have a QT tank. I'm not sure about metro but I know clout can destroy your beneficial bacteria and then you get to cycle your tank again. It's always better to treat in a qt unless others in the DT are sick as well.

If you can get him to eat at all make up some medicated food using the metro and get the meds in him that way. It will be far more effective.

Back
Top Bottom