Flowerhorn Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need some help with a flowerhorn.

I have a friend who recently bought a flowerhorn. Its about 2 to 3 days since he bought it. Including tail, its about 10cm/4inch long. Its in a 55g tank. No decorations.
I personally don't know much info about flowerhorns, so wanted to get some feedback here to help him. I have a few questions...

The flowerhorn is very very very scared and shy. It hides all the time, and for the brief moment it does come out, it darts to the back as soon as it sees someone. It has no tankmates. Is this normal to be this scared and shy?

It wont eat at all. Just some frozen worms once, be he doesn't want to keep feeding it frozen worms, how can he fix this?

3. I took a pic of it, what kind of flowerhorn is it? His colour has faded from being so scared and not eating...
flowerhorn.jpg

Is 55g tank big enough for life?

What kind of water paremeters do flowerhorns like?
E.G. temperature, ph, kh, gh, lots of oxygen, fast flowing water etc etc

Thank you in advance for your help.

I have a red devil that was like that. It may take a month or 2 for him to settle. I would put some clay pots in there for him to feel safe and to hide in. If he is healthy he will eventually eat. I don't know much about flowerhorns but it sounds like he just needs to get use to his new home.

Back
Top Bottom