Fluval heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a Fluval "M" series, and have been happy with it. The package is confusing in that is says that it is submersible, but a small diagram and the paperwork with it states that it in fact should not be 100% submerged. However, an email to Hagen support confirmed that it is in fact 100% submersible, which is a good thing because the cap is rather bulbous and difficult to have installed where the controls are not sumberged.

GreenTerrorNoob said:
Good to hear .. Any website where i could find product reviews?

I Googled "Fluval Aquarium Heater review" and got a slew of results. Plus I just gave you one ;)

I just traded in my 50w stealth for the 50w m series, let's see how it goes.

GreenTerrorNoob said:
I do appreciate lebanator!

You bet. One more piece of advice? Get more than it is sized for. That way you can turn up the heat to properly and safely treat ick.

Ya i have a 55 and was planning on the 250 i think . Does that sound right

GreenTerrorNoob said:
Ya i have a 55 and was planning on the 250 i think . Does that sound right

I have an M200, but that supplements a second supposedly 300 watt Top Fin that came with my aquarium kit. I can tell you that the Top Fin alone would not get the 55 above about 85, but my tank is in a cold basement. If I were to get a single heater I would lean more towards the 300 watt. You might also consider getting two smaller ones. That way you have redundancy, and more even tank heating.

Back
Top Bottom